Monday, March 8, 2010

Community is Hard.. and more stories

I still write sometime and an article that I wrote about community and choosing to invest in community was published on RelevantMagazine.com today. Click HERE for the article entitled "Relationships are Painful and Worth It." I wish I could say because I wrote this article that I am an expert and have internalized all the lessons in it. Sadly, I am still learning the same lessons now, learning how much I need community and need to invest in things here in Ohio, even if I may be leaving soon.

In the random news of the day: Happy Festa delle Donne! This means Festival of the Women. Big deal in Italy, all women get these cool flowers, and you are supposed to celebrate the fact that women are a blessing to the planet (my own summary). So women out there, you are appreciated and I hope you enjoy your day :)

And in the slightly inappropriate story of the day, I was driving with my Dad back from North Carolina (was there for a job interview) and I saw perhaps one of the most inappropriate pictures I could see while driving: There was a school bus pulling out of an Adult Entertainment store parking lot. In the bus driver's defense, I think it was turning around but really, couldn't you have chosen a different parking lot? I mean, it just doesn't look good to see a yellow school bus turning around under a sign that says "Novelties, Lingerie, Toys"... I mean, do you really want to encourage kids to be asking "Why is that store for adults but advertising toys?" Common sense, Mr Bus Driver, common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment