Friday, January 22, 2010

Questions and Beauty

I don't understand why God allows things like the tsunami in Asia a couple years ago. I don't understand why He allows things like the earthquake in Haiti to happen. I don't know why these tragedies happen, why lives are taken so young or what is the correct response. There are so many needs in so much of the world, Haiti is just one of the many that need time, money, prayers, expertise. Hope. I do think it is beautiful to watch people respond and give. I do read the news articles that talk of people in Haiti losing their church buildings and worshiping God in the streets and I know He is bigger than all of this. I know He is deserving of worship. If someone who lost all in the earthquake can praise Him in the midst of chaos and loss, my questions from the comfort of my home lose their importance. I still don't have answers. But I see beauty rise from the ashes and rubble.

On a completely different note (sort of), I saw the Hope for Haiti Now telethon on CNN tonight and Justin Timberlake and Matt Morris gave one of the most beautiful renditions of the Leonard Cohen classic "Hallelujah" that I have ever heard. Check it out below

No comments:

Post a Comment