Monday, July 5, 2010

My Music Monday: Ben Rector

I have been thinking of a lot of ways to get me back to normal blogging/writing and ways to make this blog something worthwhile. I am thinking that I want to at least post twice a week. Once will be something I will call My Music Monday. Each Monday I will post an artist that I have been digging lately. This may be an old favorite, it may be a single song, it may be a freebie, it may be a new favorite. But it will be something that I recommend. The second post of the week will be something a little more thought out.

For the inaugural My Music Monday, I present Ben Rector. I found out about Ben through a great website called BriteRevolution.com and was instantly smitten. I have always been a sucker for piano pop and Ben is kind of a less sarcastic Ben Folds (what is with piano guys named Ben?). The song that got my most was called "Hank", a song to his nephew that made me wish I had written it. Favorite line: "Go and find the girl for whom your love is selfless, someone who makes you helpless to change the way you feel. And stay away from girls who always look so pretty but whose hearts arent fitting for the man in you I see." It is just good, upbeat most of the time, piano-pop that doesn't try to be more than it is but still speaks in a way that isn't simply rose colored bubble gum pop. To download for free, check out the link below.

If you like some of the music I recommend, please let your friends know about this. I am going to try to build somewhat of a blog following, which means I value your input and time. Thanks for giving me a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment